Table of Contents Controls
Knapsack provides a Table of Contents (ToC) block to help users navigate through content. While it is useful, we understand that there may be instances when you'd prefer to hide it, either on a specific page or globally. This documentation will guide you through the process of controlling the visibility of the ToC block.
- You must be logged in: Before making any adjustments, ensure you're logged in to Knapsack.
- You must be in "edit mode": You can only modify the visibility settings of the ToC block while editing a branch. Remember, once the branch is merged, these settings will be applied.
- Best Practice Tip: Given that merging a branch will finalize these changes, it's recommended to handle these adjustments on a dedicated branch. This ensures that only intentional modifications are merged.
Page-Level Settings: Hiding the ToC on a Specific Page or Pattern
If you want to hide the ToC block for a particular page or pattern, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the desired page or pattern.
- Locate the settings control in the top right corner of the page.
- Select the option "Hide Table of Contents".
Note: This change is localized to the current page or pattern.
Global Settings: Hiding the ToC Across the Entire Application
If you want the ToC block hidden throughout the entire Knapsack platform:
- Access the workspace settings.
- Opt for the "Page" settings section.
- There, choose the option to hide the ToC block universally.
With the tools Knapsack provides, you're in full control of the visibility of the Table of Contents block. Customize as you see fit to optimize your user experience!